Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, "Rader, David" <davidr(at)openscg(dot)com>, "\"Marc Linster\"(at)EDB" <marc(dot)linster(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Scott Mead <scottm(at)openscg(dot)com>, "pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Date: 2016-07-07 18:15:51
Lists: pgsql-www

On 07/07/2016 10:56 AM, Dave Page wrote:
> I object strongly. I believe we should give information up front to help
> users choose.

The information is there. I am just not including:

Oh, EDB has an "interactive installer", oh "Big SQL" has one too! It is
just called the Devops sandbox.

(For example).

The other option is, we list each vendor with a link to a page that
describes each vendors package. That is cumbersome and we aren't getting
paid by EDB or OpenSCG to do that (at least I am not).

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. http://the.postgres.company/
+1-503-667-4564