Remote access on Windows Server

From: "Rainer Leo" <leo(at)workfile(dot)de>
To: "Pgsql-admin" <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Remote access on Windows Server
Date: 2024-07-02 06:46:24
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello, we use postgres 13.15 and have to use Windows Datacenter 2022

I cannot figure out how to configure postgres for secure remote access.

It is not possible to use IP whitelisting or VPN, because the user do not
provide anything

beside host/name/port/user/password

# this works but it grants access without password

host all all 0.0.0.0/0 trust

# these two are unable to establish connection

host all all 0.0.0.0/0 md5

host all all 0.0.0.0/0 scram-sha-256

listen_addresses = '*' in postgresql.conf is set

What is the secure way to ensure remote access on Windows Server?

Thanks for any help!

Regards, Leo