pgAdmin4 6.13 doesn't work with Werkzeug >=2.1

From: Volker Helm <vh(at)quatro-stahl(dot)de>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAdmin4 6.13 doesn't work with Werkzeug >=2.1
Date: 2022-08-31 09:41:10
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi there,

I tried to update pgAdmin4 yesterday in a virtual enviroment. After I started pgadmin4 I got an error related to werkzeug.security and safe_str_cmp

I did some searching and found following thread:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71652965/importerror-cannot-import-name-safe-str-cmp-from-werkzeug-security

My original system is an arch linux with werkzeug 2.2.

As solution I installed inside the virtual enviroment with 'pip install werkzeug=2.0'. Now it works.

I hope I could provide you some informations.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Volker Helm

QUATRO Stahl GmbH
Werner-von-Siemens-Str.5
30982 Pattensen

Tel: (05101) 9175-44
Fax: (05101) 9175-45

Internet: www.quatro-stahl.de

Registeramt: HRB 101010 AG Hannover
Geschäftsführung: Volker Helm, Bernd Pritzel
UStId: DE 116 402 055