Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Josh berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft
Date: 2016-04-27 13:37:50
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 04/26/2016 08:46 PM, Josh berkus wrote:

>> I think the last version JD posted was much better.
>
> It was a much better description with *you* as the target audience, yes.
> However, you are not very representative of the majority of our users.
> My goal is to provide text which will make some sense to people who
> haven't paid any attention to PostgreSQL development since 9.5 was released.

I don't agree with this. The version you posted shows a rather
lackluster faith in our user base. Further, this is a *BETA* even if you
are correct that your wording is better, the people that are going to be
using/testing this version *ARE* the people who are going to research
and know what those features are.

Sincerely,

JD

--