Re: Is it possible to recover the schema from the raw files?

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Tomas J Stehlik <tomas(at)stehlik(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is it possible to recover the schema from the raw files?
Date: 2016-04-24 15:56:03
Lists: pgsql-general

On 04/24/2016 08:35 AM, Tomas J Stehlik wrote:
> Hello Adrian,
>
> Thank you.
>
>> So did you do a schema only dump or a complete dump?
>
> There is no dump. There are just raw files.

Have you even tried a schema only dump from the original instance?

>> Well if the corrupted raw files include the system information
> > then I think you are out of luck.
>
> Well, this topic is not about "luck".
> The question potentially targets someone who could tell whether something
> like this is possible.

If the information is not there, it is not there. In other words if the
zeroed out blocks you alluded to cover the system information then I am
not sure how it would be possible to recover information from 0?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com