date arithmetic

From: chrisj <chrisj(dot)wood(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: date arithmetic
Date: 2006-08-08 21:27:39
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi ALL,

I want to do date arithmetic in SQL with a column that is integer.

example

create table bob (
col1 timestamp
, col2 int4
;

where col2 represents a number of minutes.

I want to do something like

select col1 + interval col2 minutes
from bob

This is doable with most other RDBMS (DB2, Oracle MS SQL) what am I
missing??

I know one option is to create col2 as interval, but does not work for me.
How can I cast int4 to "interval minutes"
Sent from the PostgreSQL - sql forum at Nabble.com.