use psqlodbc on Windows without Windows driver manager?

From: "Dieter Mueller (BOI GmbH)" <dieter(dot)mueller(at)boi(dot)at>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: use psqlodbc on Windows without Windows driver manager?
Date: 2016-04-11 07:33:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

is psql-odbc designed to work on Windows without the Windows ODBC driver
manager?

(I want to prepare a distribution of our software for testing purposes
that can be used without any installation on Windows - no ODBC driver
installation as well)

I created my own psqlodbc30a.lib of psqlodbc30a.dll by calling MS tools
"dumpbin /exports ..." and "lib /def:...", then I linked my ODBC
application with the new psqlodbc30a.lib instead of Microsoft's
obdc32.lib and odbccp32.lib.

--> seems to work fine, but is the psql-odbc driver designed to run
without a driver manager, or must I expect problems when it is used this
way?

Kind regards,
Dieter Mueller