Re: Multimaster

From: Konstantin Knizhnik <k(dot)knizhnik(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Postgresql General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Multimaster
Date: 2016-04-01 11:50:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Simon,

Yes, we will distributed all our code under PostgreSQL license.
Right now we are using copy of pglogical_output plugin + receiver part
written based on BDR code (just because when we started work on
multimaster pglogical plugin was not released).
We have plans to eliminate copies of pglogical plugin files from our
code and instead of it refer pglogical plugin.

Right now the main problem is parallel apply: we need to apply changes
concurrently to avoid unintended dependencies causing deadlocks and
provide reasonable performance.

We also need 2PC support but this code was sent to you by Stas, so I
hope that sometime it will be included in PostgreSQL core and pglogical
plugin.

There are also some minor technical issues which lead us to making few
changes in pglogical code but we tried to do our best to keep original
versions unchanged, so we can switch to public version in future.

On 01.04.2016 14:38, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 1 April 2016 at 11:33, Konstantin Knizhnik
> <k(dot)knizhnik(at)postgrespro(dot)ru <mailto:k(dot)knizhnik(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>> wrote:
>
> Our company PostgresPRO is now developing multimaster for
> Postgres, some analogue of MySQL Galera.
> It is based on logical replication and pglogical plugin from
> 2ndQuandrant and uses distributed transaction manager.
>

> Hi Konstantin,
>
> Is this open source with The PostgreSQL Licence?
>
> Will you be contributing those changes to the BDR project, or is this
> a permanent fork of that?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/ <http://www.2ndquadrant.com/>