Re: newbie tries to get oracle db to select from postgresql

From: Ray Stell <stellr(at)vt(dot)edu>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: newbie tries to get oracle db to select from postgresql
Date: 2016-02-18 18:25:35
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 2/18/16 12:36 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> So from here:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/
>
> 8.04 is probably the default for this version.
>
> You could follow the instructions at the above link and use the PGDG
> yum repo for Oracle 6. That would get you access to newer versions.

Thank you.

It's not clear to me what postgresql software needs to be on the oracle
server host.

Will the postgresql-odbc need other postgresql server components to
function?

I don't see a postgresql-odbc listed on the yum repository you ref, is
it inside Oracle_Enterprise_Linux_6-x86_64?

<http://yum.postgresql.org/9.4/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/pgdg-oraclelinux94-9.4-2.noarch.rpm>