Re: [Pljava-dev] Build Fails on Windows 7

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [Pljava-dev] Build Fails on Windows 7
Date: 2016-02-17 20:32:04
Lists: pljava-dev

On 02/17/2016 03:16 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 2/16/2016 11:08 PM, Igal @ Lucee.org wrote:
>> I'm trying to build PL/Java but am getting errors.
>
> building pljava on MS Windows is not currently supported, as noone has
> sat down and figured out how to get it all to play.

Hey John, there is absolutely a "Building on Microsoft Windows
with Visual Studio" page in the release 1.5.0 docs, and it is
linked from the release notes.

Where Igal's issue comes in is in building with MinGW-64 rather
than MSVC, which I mentioned in the 1.5.0-BETA1 announcement was
an untested combination (because no one had stepped up to test it).

It was my mistake earlier today that I hit reply rather than
reply-all so subsequent exchanges with Igal haven't gone to the
list ... but in the best outcome, we will end up also knowing
how to build with MinGW-64 soon.

-Chap