oracle db reads from postgresql

From: Ray Stell <stellr(at)vt(dot)edu>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: oracle db reads from postgresql
Date: 2016-02-17 14:42:10
Lists: pgsql-admin

I've dreaded this task coming my way for years. An Oracle developer
wants to read postgresql data from his Oracle db. Is there a current,
successful path to making this work or is it fools errand? I find this
https://dbaspot.wordpress.com/2013/05/29/how-to-access-postgresql-from-oracle-database/
which is 3 yrs old. I see they want me to load an v8 rpm for the odbc
driver so I tried to compile the latest and failed out of the gate.
Just wondering if anyone has it working or not? Is there a more
current howto?