Re: pg_dump fatal error

From: Pierre Chevalier Géologue <pierrechevaliergeol(at)free(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, "drum(dot)lucas(at)gmail(dot)com" <drum(dot)lucas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pg_dump fatal error
Date: 2016-02-16 20:56:47
Lists: pgsql-admin

(still trying to get this thread back on the list... sorry for delay: I
just ignore list messages arriving in my main Inbox...)

Le 14/02/2016 09:04, drum(dot)lucas(at)gmail(dot)com a écrit :

> Thanks Pierre.
>
> I'm running the PG_DUMP in the local machine and then I'll copy through
> the network...
> It's still copying, but once it's done and all the process has been
> successful I'll let u guys know.

Normally, the pg_dump -s concerning just the structure should be very
fast to run, as well as its restoration. The other one, the pg_dump -a,
should generate a *much* greater output file, and should be *much*
longer to restore.

So it would be better if you begin to start with the structure: if any
error is present at this stage, it may be faster (if not easier) to
track it properly.

À+
Pierre
Pierre Chevalier
PChGEI: Pierre Chevalier Géologue Et Informaticien
Partenaire DALIBO
Mesté Duran
32100 Condom
Tél+fax : 09 75 27 45 62
06 37 80 33 64
Émail : pierrechevaliergeolCHEZfree.fr
icq# : 10432285
jabber: pierre(dot)chevalier1967(at)jabber(dot)fr
http://pierremariechevalier.free.fr/pierre_chevalier_geologue