Re: [Pljava-dev] odd error with 1.5.0-snapshot

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [Pljava-dev] odd error with 1.5.0-snapshot
Date: 2016-02-13 07:08:34
Lists: pljava-dev

On 2/12/2016 5:46 PM, Chapman Flack wrote:
> I reached Dave, and essentially StackBuilder will add our installer to
> its list and invoke it with options selected, but providing and building
> said installer would be PL/Java's job. That'll take making buildfarm
> arrangements somewhere to do official MSVC and OS X builds, and developing
> a more traditional does-it-all-for-you style of installer, perhaps
> built on something like IzPack.

cool.

I see there is a maven for windows, thats a good start :)
https://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/windows-prerequisites.html

I guess you'll need to deal with the free visualC compiler commands for
the C bit to build. there is a free MS VisualC++ command line compiler
buried in this IDE package, which should build dll's compatible with the
eDB postgres binaries....
https://www.visualstudio.com/products/visual-studio-community-vs

I'm surprised stackbuilder doesn't have some simple built-in way to copy
a few files? the native Windows method of installing stuff is to
package it as a .msi file. I remembering having to wade pretty deep to
get those working. freeware msi builder of possible interest:
http://scalablesmartpackager.com/smart-packager-ce-free-msi-packager/

--
john r pierce, twisting bits in santa cruz