Re: Test CMake build

From: Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>
To: Yury Zhuravlev <u(dot)zhuravlev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Test CMake build
Date: 2016-02-11 17:21:15
Lists: pgsql-general

On 2/10/2016 12:09 PM, Yury Zhuravlev wrote:
> Hello all.
> Please test build Postgres using cmake. If you are of course interested.
> Still not everything is ready but most of the work. Assembly
> instructions as does the repository is on github:
> https://github.com/stalkerg/postgres_cmake
>
> The compilation will be enough (tests even better). I need feedbacks so
> that create issues on github.
> Very interesting NetBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris.
> Thanks!

On a side note, how hard would it be to print a small summary of options
after the cmake step?

Its not important, but is pretty nice. mapserver, for example, shows this:

-- * Summary of configured options for this build
-- * Mandatory components
-- * png: /usr/lib64/libpng.so
-- * jpeg: /usr/lib64/libjpeg.so
-- * freetype: /usr/lib64/libfreetype.so
-- * Optional components
-- * GDAL: /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so
-- * OGR: /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so
-- * GD: disabled
-- * GIF: /usr/lib64/libgif.so
-- * MYSQL: disabled
-- * FRIBIDI: /usr/lib64/libfribidi.so
-- * GIF: /usr/lib64/libgif.so
-- * CAIRO: /usr/lib64/libcairo.so
-- * SVGCAIRO: disabled
-- * RSVG: disabled
-- * CURL: disabled
-- * PROJ: /usr/lib64/libproj.so
-- * LIBXML2: /usr/lib64/libxml2.so
-- * POSTGIS: /usr/local/pg93/lib/libpq.so
-- * GEOS: /usr/lib64/libgeos_c.so
-- * FastCGI: /usr/lib64/libfcgi.so
-- * Oracle Spatial: disabled
-- * SDE: disabled
-- * Exempi XMP: disabled
-- * Optional features
-- * WMS SERVER: ENABLED
-- * WFS SERVER: ENABLED
-- * WCS SERVER: ENABLED
-- * SOS SERVER: disabled
-- * WMS CLIENT: disabled
-- * WFS CLIENT: disabled
-- * ICONV: ENABLED
-- * Thread-safety support: disabled
-- * KML output: disabled
-- * Z+M point coordinate support: disabled
-- * XML Mapfile support: disabled
-- * Mapscripts
-- * Python: disabled
-- * PHP: disabled
-- * PERL: ENABLED
-- * RUBY: disabled
-- * JAVA: disabled
-- * C#: disabled
-- * Apache Module (Experimental): disabled
--
-- Will install files to /usr/local
-- Will install libraries to /usr/local/lib64

We would not care about the libs, but things like integer dates, and
perl, python, etc, ssl version. Looks like you calc TABLE_BLOCKSIZE and
WAL_BLOCKSIZE, those might be nice to see.

Anyway, thanks for all your work on this. Looking good.

-Andy