Re: PostgreSQL vs Firebird SQL

From: Pierre Chevalier Géologue <pierrechevaliergeol(at)free(dot)fr>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL vs Firebird SQL
Date: 2016-02-11 13:42:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Le 10/02/2016 19:49, Adrian Klaver a écrit :
> Go here:
> https://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr/domain=postgresql.org?func=lists-long-full&extra=pgsql-general

> And in settings check:
> eliminatecc
> Select this if you do not want two copies when someone sends a
> message both to you and to the list.

Thanks for the trick, I just followed your advice (before I started
writing this mail, though...).

I am trying to figure out from the help documentation
(https://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr/domain=postgresql.org?user=pierrechevaliergeol%40free.fr&passw=0F21-276B-3588&list=GLOBAL&func=help&extra=set)
how to set the default "reply-to" to the list.

The 'replyto' option seems to be what I wish:
> Add a Reply-to header
> These control Reply-To: header generation. If the list owner has defined
> a Reply-To: header, you can specify whether or not you want to see it.
> replyto - always add the Reply-To: header
> noreplyto - never add the header (but if the poster has provided one,
> you will see it)
> Usually, turning this setting on will cause your replies to be addressed
> to the mailing list; turning this setting off will cause your replies to
> be addressed to the person who wrote the message to which you are
> replying.

=> do you confirm?

>> It lets me distinguish between the list threads that I haven't responded
>> to and those that I have.​

? In the other lists where I am, even though I always 'reply' and it
goes automatically to the list, I can see my own replies, displayed
within the appropriate conversation thread.
Or did I miss a point?

À+
Pierre
Pierre Chevalier
PChGEI: Pierre Chevalier Géologue Et Informaticien
Mesté Duran
32100 Condom
Tél+fax : 09 75 27 45 62
06 37 80 33 64
Émail : pierrechevaliergeolCHEZfree.fr
icq# : 10432285
jabber: pierre(dot)chevalier1967(at)jabber(dot)fr
http://pierremariechevalier.free.fr/pierre_chevalier_geologue