Re: Copy & paste key commands not working correctly

From: Colin Beckingham <colbec(at)kingston(dot)net>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Copy & paste key commands not working correctly
Date: 2016-02-09 14:39:29
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 02/09/2016 08:55 AM, Gabriel Sánchez wrote:

> The same happens to me. Although copying and waiting usually works for
> me.
>
> Have others experienced this behavior? It appears not to affect
> windows. Are the developers aware of this? Have they tried fixing it
> or do they plan to fix it? It could be that this is a bug in wxWidgets
> rather than pgAdmin, and if it has been fixed there it might be a
> matter of updating the library and recompiling.
>
> On Feb 9, 2016 5:10 AM, "johannes graën" <johannes(at)selfnet(dot)de
> <mailto:johannes(at)selfnet(dot)de>> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 8:00 PM, Gabriel Sánchez
> <gabrielesanchez(at)gmail(dot)com <mailto:gabrielesanchez(at)gmail(dot)com>> wrote:
> > It happens often to me in Ubuntu 14.04 as well. It sometimes
> also happens
> > with the toolbar icons too. It seems to have to do with timing,
> because if I
> > wait 5 seconds or so, it usually works. It seems to take longer
> to copy more
> > text. The problem appears to worsen with long queries, and after
> using
> > copy/paste a few times, but it does not always happen. Sometimes the
> > keyboard begins to respond very slowly, such that if a second or
> so does not
> > pass between keystrokes, many of them do not get written, and
> you can see
> > the lag in the cursor.
>
> I found that for copying multiple use of Ctrl+C usually works, while
> Ctrl+X cuts out text without storing it in the clipboard, i.e. a
> subsequent Ctrl+V has no effect. Undoing and redoing the cut operation
> usually works thought.

I am running openSUSE Leap 42.1 using Gnome with pgadmin 1.23 dev and I
don't see this behaviour.
Are you guys running a clipboard manager? I use gpaste which cooperates
with d-bus, and Gnome puts a nice little icon at top right of my screen
alongside all the other status icons, so I can very quickly check the
list of copied items to see if the copy was successful. I hardly ever do
that though, pasting seems to give me what I need every time, and if I
need something from the history list it is just a click or two away.