[Pljava-dev] odd error with 1.5.0-snapshot

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Subject: [Pljava-dev] odd error with 1.5.0-snapshot
Date: 2016-02-03 19:24:10
Lists: pljava-dev

I built 1.5.0-snapshot about 2 weeks ago, it passed the tests, so I
handed it off to my production folks. Now, I do NOT currently have
source to the pljava module they are trying to deploy, but they just
reported to me late last night that they got this error. All I know is
their app uses jdbc to connect to an oracle database on another system
and updates local 'static tables' from the master copy on said oracle.
I've asked to see the source, if I get it, I'll try and drilll in to see
whats going on in the code referenced in the traceback below, but I'm
curious if you have any hints about what that SQLException means.

database=> select jdblink_version();
ERROR: 03 Feb 16 16:27:28 jdblink.core.Jdblink null
java.sql.SQLException: An attempt was made to call a PostgreSQL backend
function after an elog(ERROR) had been issued
at org.postgresql.pljava.
internal.Oid._forSqlType(Native Method)
at org.postgresql.pljava.internal.Oid.forSqlType(Oid.java:74)
at
org.postgresql.pljava.jdbc.SPIPreparedStatement.setObject(SPIPreparedStatement.java:206)
at
org.postgresql.pljava.jdbc.SPIPreparedStatement.setString(SPIPreparedStatement.java:137)
at jdblink.dao.JdblinkMapDAOImpl.find(JdblinkMapDAOImpl.java:84)
at jdblink.core.Jdblink.getJdblinkMap(Jdblink.java:78)
at jdblink.core.Jdblink.init(Jdblink.java:72)
at jdblink.core.Jdblink.<init>(Jdblink.java:64)
at jdblink.core.PlJdblink.<init>(PlJdblink.java:37)
at jdblink.core.PlJdblink.getInstance(PlJdblink.java:24)
at
jdblink.core.JdblinkFactoryImpl.getPlJdblink(JdblinkFactoryImpl.java:16)
at jdblink.postgres.Session.jdblink_version(Session.java:53)

if it matters, this is CentOS 6.7, PostgreSQL 9.4.5 from the
yum.postgresql.org repo, and OpenJDK 1.8.0 from the CentOS repository,
all 64 bit.