Re: Issues with PostgreSQL ODBC on Win 10

From: Viktor Trojanovic <viktor(at)troja(dot)ch>
To: "Inoue, Hiroshi" <h-inoue(at)dream(dot)email(dot)ne(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issues with PostgreSQL ODBC on Win 10
Date: 2016-02-02 00:02:09
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Hiroshi,

On 02.02.2016 00:11, Inoue, Hiroshi wrote:
> Hi Viktor,
>
> On 2016/02/02 5:29, Viktor Trojanovic wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to debug a third party ODBC application but I can't seem
>> to get the ODBC driver (latest version, from
>> psqlodbc_09_05_0100-x86.zip) to log anything under Windows 10.
>>
>> The check fields CommLog as well as MyLog don't seem to have any
>> effect at all.
>
> Don't Commlog or Mylog files exist in User(\Users\username) folder?
>
> regards,
> Hiroshi Inoue

So, that's where they were hiding! They are here, and they are called
mylog_xxxx.log and psqlodbc_xxxx.log. I assume the latter is produced by
the Commlog setting.

I guess the user interface of the driver could need some updating as it
clearly states that the logs are to be found in the root (c:\) folder.

But in that case it's not so bad that the built-in ODBC trace isn't
working as all the needed information is in the logs.

Thanks for the pointer!

Regards,
Viktor