Re: [Pljava-dev] built, now how to install?

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [Pljava-dev] built, now how to install?
Date: 2016-01-20 00:53:00
Lists: pljava-dev

On 1/16/2016 10:41 AM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 1/15/2016 5:48 PM, Chapman Flack wrote:
>> I've just pushed a commit that skips that test unless UTF8 is the
>> server encoding, so it shouldn't get in your way.
>
> fyi, built it last night, and it works for me!
>
> thanks muchos!!
>
> if you're ever in the greater SF Bay Area, I owe ya a beer or three :)

and my Asian counterparts successfully got the example running, so they
are off and ready to deploy our one app that depends on pljava, yaay!

make that a beer and dinner I owe you!!

oh, and I just chatted with devrim, packager of all things RPM for
fedora/centos/rhel/etc. he's waiting for a release version, he's
already got the rpm spec ready but wants a tarball released source
rather than a code-d-jour beta off git. so the sooner 1.5.0 can be
pushed through beta, meet some minimal level of acceptance and be
released, IMHO, the better!! :)