Re: [Pljava-dev] built, now how to install?

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [Pljava-dev] built, now how to install?
Date: 2016-01-15 23:18:44
Lists: pljava-dev

On 01/15/16 17:54, John R Pierce wrote:

> I note there's a almost 1 second delay between that CONTEXT and that ERROR,
> suggesting the error is NOT in that CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION.

Ah, I feel better now. That would be the unicode roundtrip test ... it does
have roughly a million Unicode codepoints to check. (That wouldn't take
nearly a second, unless you wrote it in, say, SQL with CTEs, and then it
would. :)

If you set log_error_verbosity to verbose, you'll see the LOCATION is the
chr function, which is used in the Unicode test.

That's actually illustrating a strange PostgreSQL quirk ... even though
in general the encodings are all about interconvertible subsets of Unicode
(with SQL_ASCII being the only weird, undefinable one) ... the chr function
(and U'' strings) are only fully usable in UTF8, period ... and crippled
/in every other encoding/. I've never asked why....

Since that code is just a regression test, I should just change it to be
skipped unless the server is using UTF8.

-Chap