Re: [Pljava-dev] built, now how to install?

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [Pljava-dev] built, now how to install?
Date: 2016-01-15 12:35:42
Lists: pljava-dev

On 1/11/2016 7:03 PM, Chapman Flack wrote:
> I've pushed the latest documentation athttp://tada.github.io/pljava/
> and updates to the wiki athttps://github.com/tada/pljava/wiki.

thanks, I successfully built and tested it yesterday, quite painlessly
(grrr, why isn't maven packaged as an RPM in one of the major rpm
repos?? the one I found wanted to drag in openjdk 1.6.0)

I wrote up the build procedure for deployment at one of our other sites
where they actually need it, and got back a report that the test failed
with what appear to be character encoding errors. my test server was
running en_US.UTF8, while I suspect this production site uses
POSIX/SQLASCII... I'll rebuild on a SQLASCII test system in my lab to
see if this is the case (unluckily, the production site has already gone
home for the weekend, so I won't know what server_encoding they are
using until Monday).