Re: SET syntax in INSERT

From: Marko Tiikkaja <marko(at)joh(dot)to>
To: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SET syntax in INSERT
Date: 2016-01-14 17:13:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

SET syntax for INSERT was brought up a few years ago here:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/2c5ef4e30908251010s46d9d566m1da21357891bab3d@mail.gmail.com

From the discussion it seems that one committer was against, one
committer was not against, and one committer saw something good in the
proposal. Personally, I believe this would be a huge readability
improvement to INSERTs with more than a few columns. I'm willing to put
in some work to make this happen for 9.7, but I'd like to know that I'm
not wasting my time.

What do we think?

.m