Building PostgreSQL in Eclipse on Windows

From: "Igal (at) Lucee(dot)org" <igal(at)lucee(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Building PostgreSQL in Eclipse on Windows
Date: 2016-01-12 01:32:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Can anyone help me figure out how to run/debug PostgreSQL in Eclipse on
Windows? This is a cross post with
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34733991/building-postgresql-in-eclipse-on-windows
:

I'm trying to build|PosgreSQL|in Eclipse CDT Mars on Windows using the
MinGW-64 gcc 5.3.0

I installed|MSYS2|and used|pacman|to update all the software that came
with it and install gcc etc.

I downloaded the PostgreSQL source code and tried to follow thedocs
<https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Eclipse#Configure_source_code>*but
can't figure out where to download the
dependencies?*1.|libreadline5-dev|, 2.|zlib1g-dev|, 3.|bison (YACC)|,
4.|flex|and where to save them to on disk?

I ran|./configure --prefix=$HOME/project --enable-depend
--enable-cassert --enable-debug|and it seems to have completed with no
errors,*but I do not see anything at|$HOME/project|?*

I installed Eclipse CDT and added the include paths to the
Environment:Screenshot of Eclipse Environment
<http://i.stack.imgur.com/7zHmr.png>

I imported the project as Existing Code as Makefile Project.

When I try to|build|the project Eclipse says|Info: Nothing to build for
postgres|

When I try to run it a dialog box says|Unable to Launch. The selection
can not be launched and there are no recent launches|

How can I run/debug PostgreSQL in Eclipse on Windows?

Thanks!

--

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer