Re: BUG #13860: Duplicated primary key

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: baso10dev(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #13860: Duplicated primary key
Date: 2016-01-11 23:31:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 1/11/2016 2:34 PM, baso10dev(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:

> Bug reference: 13860
> Logged by: baso10
> Email address:baso10dev(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.4.5
> Operating system: Debian 4.9.2-10 64-bit
>
> Table has duplicated values in primary key column.
>
> I have a table A.
> I have created table B that inherits table A.
>
> After playing around I noticed there are duplicate keys in table A.
>
> Thanks

thats not exactly a reproducible bug as reported. Its also a 'should
never happen' sort of thing, about the only way I can see it happening
is if the primary key index somehow got corrupted (typically due to
hardware problems).

(do note, I'm just a fellow user, not a member of the PG core team or
anything... please reply to the pgsql-bugs list rather than me directly).