Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Regina Obe <lr(at)pcorp(dot)us>, 'Brian Dunavant' <brian(at)omniti(dot)com>
Cc: 'Scott Mead' <scottm(at)openscg(dot)com>, 'Adrian Klaver' <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, 'Gavin Flower' <GavinFlower(at)archidevsys(dot)co(dot)nz>, 'PostgreSQL General' <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
Date: 2016-01-11 19:14:59
Lists: pgsql-general

On 01/11/2016 11:10 AM, Regina Obe wrote:
> Josh,
>
> If we do write a CoC, can we give it a different acronym. I'm going to say something very sensitive here, so don't think I am joking.
>
> When I was 5 I was raped by a next door neighbor. Everytime I here people talk about Cocs and how silencing they are I think about that.

Regina,

Although I can appreciate your sensitivity to the terminology based on
your experience (and I am very sorry to read about that), I don't think
it is reasonable to change from an Industry Standard acronym on that basis.

Sincerely,

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://the.postgres.company/ 503-667-4564
If your social views are from the Silicon Valley or The Bay, please