Installing PostgreSQL without a service

From: RPK <rohitprakash123(at)indiatimes(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Installing PostgreSQL without a service
Date: 2006-08-04 17:50:50
Lists: pgsql-novice

I want to use PostgreSQL for my desktop stand-alone application. I don't want
to install it as a "Service", but rather I want to start it manually.

Please let me know how to proceed.

I also want to know that if I install PostgreSQL this way, how will I be
able to use pgAdminIII, since it asks for Server Connectivity in the
begining.
Sent from the PostgreSQL - novice forum at Nabble.com.