Questions regarding generating the WAL File.

From: "Dhaval Shah" <dhaval(dot)shah(dot)m(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Questions regarding generating the WAL File.
Date: 2007-03-13 21:23:41
Lists: pgsql-general

If I put a postgres 8.2 in an archive mode, it starts logging the WAL
files. The db starts the WAL File from 000010000001.gz and continually
increments the number.

Is there a control on 8.2 where I can indicate the number of the WAL
file to start from?

On the reverse, can I indicate to a db in recovery mode to start
consuming WAL Files from a particular number?

Regards
Dhaval Shah