Temp tables, question

From: "Maksim Likharev" <mlikharev(at)aurigin(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Temp tables, question
Date: 2003-07-17 21:18:38
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a question, temporary tables are killing me,
1. Live in session scope, but does not care about function scope
so temp table created once in a function will be visible during
second function
execution (same session), of cause I can drop it manually, but ....
any changes of that in 7.4?

2. PGPLSQL cache temp tables somehow, so when I drop table and call
function again,
that will say 'relation xxxxxxxx cache lookup failed' or something,
that basically renders usage of temp tables useless, or you have to
drop connection
every time ( what I am doing now ) ( slow no connection pooling ) or
do not use
temp table or run dynamic SQL that is in most cases ugly or even
unusable.
any changes in 7.4?

Thank you