Re: PostGIS breakage on libgdal in Ubuntu

From: Markus Wanner <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL in Debian <pgsql-pkg-debian(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostGIS breakage on libgdal in Ubuntu
Date: 2015-09-18 13:52:58
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian

Josh,

sorry, I'm a bit late on this one.

On 08/18/2015 10:30 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Currently apt.postgresql.org ships a postgresql-9.4-postgis-2.1 which
> depends on a libgdal1 which you also ship. However, this libgdal1 will
> not install on Ubuntu Trusty because it is incompatible with the
> supporting geo libraries it needs.

Maybe this issue has been addressed without me realizing, but: pgapt
currently doesn't ship libgdal for trusty. Do you happen to use a
mismatching repository?

> Is there a reason why the pgdg postgis doesn't just depend on the
> libgdal1h which ships with Ubuntu?

For precise and wheezy, we had to back-port libgdal to work with newer
postgis versions. This shouldn't be necessary on trusty.

Regards

Markus