[Pljava-dev] Pl/Java package in Ubuntu

From: p(dot)brewer at ltrr(dot)arizona(dot)edu (Peter Brewer)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Pl/Java package in Ubuntu
Date: 2015-09-08 21:56:19
Lists: pljava-dev

Thanks for the recap Bear.

I checked the PLJava archives after I sent my email I reminded myself
that I sent out a pretty similar email in 2010 with regard support for
PLJava with PG8.4! As you point out the tool chain could do with
rewriting to make building newer versions simpler and quicker so that
we're not back at this point again in 2020. :-)

It's great that PLJava has moved to Maven. There are of course Maven
plugins for generating debian (and rpm) packages which are pretty simple
to use. I've used Maven to do single click builds for Windows, OSX,
Debian/Ubuntu and Redhat for a couple of years now. I'd be happy to
lend a hand but I fear I'd be way out of my depth with the actual pljava
stuff - especially your point 7 below.

Anyone else out there fancy giving their second or third opinion?

Thanks

Peter

*********************************
Dr Peter Brewer