Re: ERROR: cache lookup failed for type

From: Stuart <sfbarbee(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com
Cc: "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ERROR: cache lookup failed for type
Date: 2015-08-17 03:52:02
Lists: pgsql-sql

Adrian, Tom,

I reloaded the database and the problem doesn't happen anymore.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Tom - to answer your questions,

On 08/17/2015 07:16 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I dropped the function and can now not add it back to the database.
>
> What happens when you try, exactly?

The same error occurred

> I assume the error was persistent across multiple sessions? Have you
> changed the schema (rowtype) of table documents_statistics lately?

No there were no changes to the table schema. All dbase objects were
loaded via

pg_dumpall > file.sql

upgrade postgres

psql template1 -f file.sql

Yes the problem was persistent across multiple sessions

> Does reindexing pg_type make the error go away? If so, what platform
> and filesystem is this on?

No, I didn't try reindexing pg_type

The filesystem is XFS

Thanks,