Re: Creating an application that supports postgresql-odbc

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Brian Sullivan <bsullivan(at)etelligentsolutions(dot)com>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Creating an application that supports postgresql-odbc
Date: 2015-08-11 14:26:52
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 08/10/2015 12:03 PM, Brian Sullivan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I maintain a company application that queries various
> databases for predetermined information and saves it locally on the
> user’s computer in a neater format for upload to a server. We support
> as many database types as possible and recently added the capability to
> support PostgreSQL but the connection to the database can only be
> established if the user has the drivers downloaded from:
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/
>
> The project is built in VS2010. Can you assist me in this effort? How
> do I package your drivers in with my application? The installation is a
> clickonce installation.

Out of my area of expertise but this looks promising:

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/

mm/

This directory contains the driver and supporting dlls (but not the
documentation) in a Windows Installer Merge Module for inclusion in
third
party installers.

Also in the source download there is a winbuild directory, in which is
contained a readme.txt that explains how to build on Windows. There are
caveats about using VS 2010 though.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com