Re: Using the database to validate data

From: Jon Lapham <lapham(at)jandr(dot)org>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using the database to validate data
Date: 2015-07-23 19:04:56
Lists: pgsql-general

On 07/23/2015 03:02 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> http://pgloader.io/

Ok, thanks, I'll look into pgloader's data validation abilities.

However, my naive understanding of pgloader is that it is used to
quickly load data into a database, which is not what I am looking to do.
I want to validate data integrity *before* putting it into the database.
If there is a problem with any part of the data, I don't want any of it
in the database.

-Jon

--
Jon Lapham <lapham(at)jandr(dot)org> Rio de Janeiro, Brasil