encoding: square characters seen in openoffice base with postgresql 9.3

From: "intmail01(at)gmail(dot)com" <intmail01(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: encoding: square characters seen in openoffice base with postgresql 9.3
Date: 2015-06-29 09:38:56
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

I use linux system as desktop and another one for server which runs
postgresql 9.3
When connecting with openoffice 4.1.1 Base, select syntax returns text
separated by a strange square character.
It seems to be a coding fault. My data are encoded with utf8 and all
works fine with pgadminIII
I have already set the properties of OpenOffice Base to support UTF8.
The version of my driver is 09.03.0400

Please tell me how to get the right text without squarre characters

Bellow are the configuration of odbc.ini

[ODBC Data Sources]
postgre = /usr/local/lib/psqlodbcw.so

[postgre]
DSN=postgre
Driver=/usr/local/lib/psqlodbcw.so
Description=PostgreSQL ODBC remote access
Servername=10.0.0.1
Username=postgres
Password =
Database=xyz