Re: List all tables from a specific database

From: Ray O'Donnell <ray(at)rodonnell(dot)ie>
To: Flaviu2 <flaviu2(at)yahoo(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: List all tables from a specific database
Date: 2022-01-14 12:53:39
Lists: pgsql-general

On 14/01/2022 12:51, Flaviu2 wrote:
> Yes, I ran
>
> *\c mydb1*
>
> but I didn't see any SQL script underhood :(

Ah, OK. As I understand it, connecting to a database isn't something you
can do in SQL: it's a function of the client, and how you do it depends
on the client. - So in psql, it's a command-line argument; connecting
from PHP with PDO, you use a connection string; and so on.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland
ray(at)rodonnell(dot)ie