Re: Find out what on what function depends an index

From: Andreas Ulbrich <andreas(dot)ulbrich(at)matheversum(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Find out what on what function depends an index
Date: 2015-06-01 20:45:55
Lists: pgsql-general

On 01.06.2015 16:15, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andreas Ulbrich <andreas(dot)ulbrich(at)matheversum(dot)de> writes:
>> The question is the todo in the script: Is there a way to find out what
>> indexes depends on what function?
> Direct dependencies would show up in pg_depend. Indirect ones wouldn't,
> since we don't analyze function bodies to see what they call (and if we
> tried, there's the little matter of the halting problem).
>
> A larger problem is that frequently the real issue with an unstable index
> expression definition is that it depends on context, such as GUC settings,
> rather than the function body per se. So I'm not sure how much pain you'd
> really be able to prevent with this approach.
>
> regards, tom lane
Thanks. It works.

It's only for looking at the some features.

But there seems a "bug": I'm not a superuser but an
ALTER EVENT TRIGGER reindex_function_index DISABLE; -- ENABLE too
is possible, but documentation says: "You must be superuser to alter an
event trigger."

I'm running snapshot 5302760 (22. May)

regards, andreas