Re: gitweb is no longer a real-time view

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)mail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Subject: Re: gitweb is no longer a real-time view
Date: 2013-03-04 15:17:30
Lists: pgsql-www

> I guess there clearly weren't enough protections in the gitmaster server
> to prevent me from causing major breakage (hopefully there are now),

Are there? I concur with your recommendation that we should lock
this down *before* we set about repairing the master repo's contents.
It seems particularly important that we do so if we're going to ask
committers to rebase, because it seems like somebody who does that wrong
could easily screw things up again.