Re: Success story full text search

From: Paul Jungwirth <pj(at)illuminatedcomputing(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Success story full text search
Date: 2015-05-02 15:55:22
Lists: pgsql-general

> Does someone have a success story of using Postgres Full Search
> Capability with significant data, lets say > 50-100 GB ?

This is a recent and very complete article on using Postgres for
full-text search:

http://blog.lostpropertyhq.com/postgres-full-text-search-is-good-enough/

see also the discussion here:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8381748
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8714477

That should give you a good sense of the abilities and limitations vs
using Lucene etc.

On scanning that article I don't see any mention of size, but you could
always ask the author!

Paul