Re: Invalid memory alloc

From: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)BlueTreble(dot)com>
To: Edson Richter <edsonrichter(at)hotmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Invalid memory alloc
Date: 2015-04-23 20:34:28
Lists: pgsql-general

On 4/23/15 3:15 PM, Edson Richter wrote:
> My question would sound stupid... you have 10Gb shared buffer, but how
> much physical memory on this server?
> How have you configured the kernel swappines, overcommit_memoryt,
> overcommit_ratio?
> Have you set anything different in shmmax or shmall?

I don't think this is an OS thing at all. That error messages is pretty
associated with this code:

#define MaxAllocSize ((Size) 0x3fffffff) /* 1 gigabyte - 1 */

#define AllocSizeIsValid(size) ((Size) (size) <= MaxAllocSize)

If malloc failed you'd get an actual out of memory error, not a notice.

We need more information from the OP about what they're doing.