Re: Query plan with missing timespans

From: Andomar <andomar(at)aule(dot)net>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Query plan with missing timespans
Date: 2015-04-22 19:59:27
Lists: pgsql-performance

> Looping through 384 index scans of tbl, each taking 0.040 ms.
> That's 15.36 ms. That leaves 0.291 ms unaccounted for, which means
> that's about how much time the top level nested loop took to do its
> work.

Thanks for your reply, interesting! I'd have thought that this line
actually implied 0 ms:

actual time=0.040..0.040

But based on your reply this means, it took between 0.040 and 0.040 ms
for each loop?

Is there a way to tell postgres that a function will always return the
same result for the same parameter, within the same transaction?

Kind regards,
Andomar