Changing default tablespace for specific users -- Is it possible?

From: "Arnold, Sandra" <ArnoldS(at)osti(dot)gov>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Changing default tablespace for specific users -- Is it possible?
Date: 2011-02-04 19:00:38
Lists: pgsql-admin

Coming from the Oracle world we were able to have a different default tablespace for each user or for a group of users. Can you set the default tablespace to be different for a group users/schemas in PostgreSQL? Or, do you have to set the default tablespace at the database level? If you can set it at a schema/user level, can you direct me some documentation on how to do that?

Thanks,

Sandra Arnold
Senior Database Administrator
Contractor to DOE/OSTI