Re: Adding packages fro WAL-G and Odyssey

From: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-pkg-debian(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Adding packages fro WAL-G and Odyssey
Date: 2021-02-20 09:40:24
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian

Thanks Christoph!

> 20 февр. 2021 г., в 02:38, Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org> написал(а):
>
> we'd need a proper debian/ directory for these, either in the upstream
> repo or in a separate one.
Odyssey had debian/ dir https://github.com/yandex/odyssey/tree/master/scripts/debian
WAL-G is simply one Go binary. https://github.com/wal-g/wal-g/tree/master/cmd/pg
Though it's a separate Go binary for each DB: PG, MySQL, MSSQL, MongoDB etc. But I think it's better to start from PG anyway.
We used to build this binary and create almost empty debian/ dir with a script (FPA). We can commit this dir it it's better to have it in source tree.

> Does any of these link to PG as an extension or are they "normal"
> programs that do not depend on the PG major version?
They are normal. Kind of.
I'm planning to release Odyssey 1.2 soon, so I'd start from Odyssey, I think.

Probably, we would be happy to share some extensions too. But I think they have somewhat smaller priority for me.
https://github.com/munakoiso/logerrors
https://github.com/x4m/pg_tm_aux
https://github.com/dev1ant/repl_mon
https://github.com/dsarafan/pg_dirty_hands

Thanks!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

Attachment Content-Type Size
wal-g-debian-fodler.sh application/octet-stream 1.4 KB