Re: Prepared statements with bind parameters for DDL

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: deepak <deepak(dot)pn(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Prepared statements with bind parameters for DDL
Date: 2015-02-11 17:53:55
Lists: pgsql-general

On 02/11/2015 09:42 AM, deepak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I find that one can't have a prepared statement with bind parameters for
> a DDL statement,
> although I couldn't find the rationale for this restriction. Is this
> limitation due to the database
> design, or is it something that's imposed by the SQL standard and/or the
> JDBC drivers?
>
> Please clarify.

That is going to require a lot more information:

What Postgres version?

Where exactly are you preparing the statement?

Since you mention JDBC, are we to assume that is what you are using?

Can we see an example of what you are trying to do?

Have you looked at?:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/functions-string.html#FUNCTIONS-STRING-FORMAT

--
Adrian Klaver