Re: Update Credits

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
To: Simeó Reig <simeo(dot)reig(at)grupoincofisa(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Update Credits
Date: 2015-02-02 18:44:51
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 01/22/2015 11:21 AM, Simeó Reig wrote:
> it would be interessant to update the credits of postgreSQL ODBC "The
> source code for this driver was originally adopted from version 0.20 of
> PostODBC. The authors at that time were Christian Czezatke and Dan
> McGuirk. Later it was maintained by Julie Ann Case." and put at least
> the names of people who have mantained the driver many many years.
>
> Names like: Hiroshi Inoue, Hiroshi Saito, Dave Page ...
>
> what do you think ?

Well, it does say that "the driver is currently maintained by a number
of contributors to the PostgreSQL project", which I think covers it. The
section mainly explains the history of how the driver found its way into
the PostgreSQL project. That said, if you want to write a docs patch, I
have no objections to expanding it.

Actually, it should mention that it was later split off from the
PostgreSQL source distribution again, to live as a free software project
of its own.

- Heikki