Re: error I don't understand

From: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com>
To: Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: error I don't understand
Date: 2022-07-28 03:12:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

> On Jul 27, 2022, at 11:30 AM, Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> If you are using a Systemd-enabled Linux, check that "RemoveIPC" is
> set to "no".

That was the answer. I checked other servers, they had it set. But they are much older OSs (overdue for updates, RSN), different installers.

I have step-by-step notes documenting their installs, no mention of RemoveIPC. So sometime ~6 years ago I ran installers that set that to "no". Then we come to today, Ubuntu 22, and I needed to set it, or use a system user.

Thanks!