Re: Cannot define privileges for login roles

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: Bilge <bilge(at)scriptfusion(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cannot define privileges for login roles
Date: 2014-12-31 12:51:42
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 31/12/2014 12:38, Bilge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> pgAdmin won't let me define or even view privileges for "login" roles.
> Login roles are completely missing from "role" dropdowns and, even if
> created elsewhere, are still not displayed in any of the dialogs. The
> only place login role privileges can be seen is in the properties tab
> for the object as an ACL string.

Hi there,

By default only group roles are shown. You can show users also by going
into File -> Options -> Browser -> UI Miscellaneous, and tick "Show
users for privileges".

> I am using 1.20.0-rc1 on Windows 7. As a side note, the app also crashes
> every few minutes for any or no reason; might be because I'm using SSH
> tunnel mode, but not really sure since I haven't tried other connection
> methods.
>
> Are these known issues or is it just me?

I'm using the release version of 1.20.0 on Windows 7, and it's perfectly
stable; though I'm not using an SSH tunnel.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod(at)iol(dot)ie