postgresql 9.4 is not for 32 bit Windows?

From: Scott Robertson <stumpednomore(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql 9.4 is not for 32 bit Windows?
Date: 2014-12-29 01:28:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

I had used PG 9.3.5 for a month then installed 9.4 instead. Haven't used
it much yet but it seems to work.

Now I see this:

http://www.enterprisedb.com/ppas-platform-support

"PostgreSQL 9.4 (PG)

*Generally Available*: December 18, 2014

*Standard Support Ends*: December 18, 2017

/Supported CPU Architectures and OS/

/*Linux x86-64/32:*//RHEL / CentOS / OEL 7.x & 6.x, SLES 11.x, Ubuntu
14.04 LTS, Debian 7.x, Amazon Linux/

/*Windows x86-64*//: Windows 2012 R2,Windows 2008 R2/

/*Apple Mac:*//OS X 10.9-10.6/"

It appears there is no support for 32 bit computer owners?

Am I correct that enterprisedb and postgres developers are the same
organization?

Should I just get WAPP from Bitnami and hope for the best? If so, should
I uninstall the working PG, PHP, and Apache I already have installed?

Lastly, is it possible that the documentation quoted above is
accidentally missing a mention of 32-bit users? I don't even know what
32-bit and 64-bit means, it's just another stumbling block to general
accessibility as far as I'm concerned. Certainly postgres developers
have not decided to shut out people who don't have 32-bit machines?

Any help addressing these questions would be appreciated. I have to
start with the right stuff because I want to create a web app that
others can use online or offline, and these others will be less
proficient than I at technical stuff, they will just want to click and
type and see the magic happen.

Scott

---