Re: Want to Contribute

From: "Dann Corbit" <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>
To: "robert kernell" <kernell111(at)yahoo(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Want to Contribute
Date: 2004-07-08 23:31:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
[mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of robert kernell
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 4:23 PM
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [HACKERS] Want to Contribute

Hi. I want to begin helping develop postgresql.

I have an up-to-date computer, a dell dimension 4600, built with
lots of extras. I have an MS in CS, and have worked with postgres in
industry.

Can someone tell me what software I need? I guess I need a
compiler. What compiler do I need? What else do I need?

You will use GCC and CVS.
If you are using some flavor of Windows, you will need the MINGW
tool set:
http://www.mingw.org/
<<

What is a good place to start helping develop postgresql? Maybe
something medium hard.

http://gborg.postgresql.org/
<<
I am just kind of clueless at this point...

Thank you...

-Robert W. Kernell
-Computer Scientist
-Resume located at: