How ugly would this be? (ALTER DATABASE)

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How ugly would this be? (ALTER DATABASE)
Date: 2014-10-24 18:06:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

One of the things we run into quite a bit is customers who are using
multiple databases when they should be using multiple schemas. I am sure
other consultants run into this as well. This gets even more difficult
as uptime requirements have become all but 100%. So my question is, what
would this take?

ALTER DATABASE foo LOCATION DATABASE bar SCHEMA baz?

Where if we execute that command, database foo would move to schema baz
within database bar?

I am fully aware of what it takes on the client side but structurally
within postgres what would it take? Is it even reasonable?

JD
--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/ 503-667-4564
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc