Re: FreeBSDers paying attention? (was Re: exit status 26)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Dan Moschuk <dan(at)freebsd(dot)org>
Cc: Alfred Perlstein <bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FreeBSDers paying attention? (was Re: exit status 26)
Date: 2001-01-13 21:07:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Dan Moschuk <dan(at)freebsd(dot)org> writes:
> | If the bug seems to be in FreeBSD 4.1 and fixed in 4.2 I don't see
> | the point of you trying to track down a bad interaction between the
> | host OS and Postgresql for an older release.

> Because I'd like to verify that it was in fact a bug with 4.1 and not
> something else.

Even if it is a since-fixed 4.1 bug, there are doubtless still people
out there running 4.1, to say nothing of other *BSD and less-closely-
related Unixen that may have the same or similar bug. If Dan can
isolate the problem and identify a reasonable workaround, we should
probably put the workaround into Postgres.